365 Days of Grief & Healing

Send Flowers


We won't share your email

History

Lambie Funeral Home was established in 1949 by David F. Lambie along with his wife Dorothy. At the time the funeral home was located on 6619 Frankford Avenue. This is where Mr. Lambie established the values that we still follow today; providing personal service to our families. There David and Dorothy raised two boys. In 1970 Lambie Funeral Home moved to its current location at 8000 Rowland Avenue at the corner of Rhawn Street located across from Pennypack Park. In 1992 M. Jane Lambie the daughter-in-law of David F. Lambie graduated from Mercer County Community College in New Jersey with a certificate in Funeral Service. She is also a graduate of Muskingum College in Ohio. Jane is presently the funeral home supervisor. In 1996 David F. Lambie’s oldest grandson and Jane’s son David R. Lambie joined the funeral home. He is a graduate of Roger Williams University in Rhode Island and received his certification in Funeral Service from Mercer County Community College in New Jersey and became a licensed funeral director in 1997. In 2008 David R. Lambie’s wife Dana A. Lambie received her funeral director’s license and now works along side of her husband and mother-in-law. Dana grew up in the Mayfair area of Philadelphia and attended Mayfair Elementary School and Abraham Lincoln High School, she went on to receive an education degree from Holy Family University. After teaching a few years Dana attended Mercer County Community College in New Jersey and received her certification in Funeral Service. Dana and David have two boys. The Lambie Family has been in the funeral industry for over sixty years and one thing still remains the main focus; serving families during the most difficult times in their lives. Our goal is to help create meaningful memories that will last a lifetime.